Tuesday, April 3, 2012
Journal #29- Sense of Self
Walt Whitman spent a lot of time on his writings trying to show the Self of people, himself, and the Self of America as a whole. Self can be divided into three parts that makes it Self as a whole. Soul, is the first portion of Self. This is describing our spiritual self. Then next portion of Self deals with what we think out own personality is. This can be defined as our self-perception. The last and what I believe to be the most important part of Self, is the Real part of yourself. The Real Me, for example, would be analyzing or simply knowing what the perceptions of yourself were that other people have. This is the reality that is true to the rest of the world. These three things make up the definition of Self sought out by Walt Whitman. He believed that all nature and all people reflect the idea of Self. For my Soul, I believe that I believe in great things, and miraculous things can happen. The way I perceive myself would be a compassionate person. I am truthful to myself and others, so at times I come off as harsh and cold, but deeper inside, I have a great capacity for caring and even more importantly, forgiveness. I believe I do good for others and treat them fairly. I have a great sense of understanding in other people if they choose to see the understanding that I put forward. The real me, how others perceive me, would be friendly, but at times cold and harsh. Some perceive me as intelligent, but I believe I am as intelligent as they, but may just apply myself to a greater extent. People may see me as inconsiderate and rude. But they may also see me as nice and a warm personality as well. I feel like my personality might be bipolar, but I feel like I am not bipolar. I like to learn. I like to excel. I like grow as a person as well. I like to try to become a better person and do good for other people as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment