Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Journal #11-Aphorisms

Okay, I have two common aphorisms to talk about.  The first is, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The way you see things is all up to you.   I'm just kidding. I like "forgive and forget" more. That is the one I choose. Just because it applies to my life more.  So... I think it is always the better thing to do; to forgive someone.  Dwelling on everything bad and all the horrible things, nit picking, and scrutinizing every little thing is awfully bad for one's conscience.  Forgiving helps you move on.  By forgiving, the burden, guilt and all the bad things should go away.  Last night i forgave my best friend for all the horrible bad things.  They don't matter in comparison with the bigger things in life.  There is no reason to dwell.  Forgive and forget and you will lead a much clearer life. People may think this is pointless and senseless, but it is really essential.  Moving on from experiences will allow you to look back on them in a better way which will probably give you a better outlook on future experiences. I think that forgiving someone who did a wrong or made a mistake is good.  It clears your mind, and it clears their guilt for the most part, if that had any to begin with.  Forgiving eases the restless mind.  I forgave my friend for lying, and for all the bad things that happened, and that were said.  Now i do not have to worry about it.  It does not matter any more.  None of it matters.  It is okay and i feel much better than i did before.  Thinking about this concept for a few days, i am wondering if that those who forgive, i don;t know what their motives are.  I know that i forgave to forgave, but is there a tiny shred of me that wants to be forgiven for my wrongs.  To be accepted.  Probably.  I think it must be a part of human nature.


No comments:

Post a Comment