Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Journal #7- Bullies

Bullying is never a good option.  I am not sure if we will every get away from bullying throughout the world unless we turn into a sci-fi novel with a Utopian Society. A bully is a person that probably has a lot of internal problems.  I am not talking about like a gastrointestinal disorder. I am talking about that they may have some issues with their mental state and may have had some issues earlier on in life with acceptance, fitting in, feeling loved, etc. The act of bullying could be a trigger for the bully's mind.  They could feel the self pity of their past and take it out on someone else.  I am sure that one of the effects of the bullying to the bully him or herself, would be a sense of guilt.  And this guilt probably presses them to bully more because the mind thinks that repeating this will help the guilt recede.  I am sure it builds up over and over again and the bully might explode. And example would be a school shooting. The shooter might most likely have been bullied at some point in time, or a bully that just had that guilt build up. Bullying is never the answer to anything.  If anyone ever has bad feelings they should never take it out on someone else.  The world is better without victims of harmless crimes. I am also sorry i am completely delirious and not all that here because i have allergy meds running through my blood. Nothing is making any sense at all.  What i do know is that bullying is horrible and that it should not be prevalent in schools.  I remember a long time ago mr. Marsaglia had a power point about bullying and the mascot was a mouse.  That is a bad example because you know what happens to mice, they get smashed. And eventually trapped and killed.  That is no example for bully prevention.  What was he thinking

No comments:

Post a Comment