Wednesday, January 4, 2012
Journal#21-Snowy Scene
On a cold, dark, white eve, I found myself on my way to work. It was bitter and gray in the sky and my heart sunk in despair as I missed the sun and the green of the trees. I missed the warmth of the rain on my skin. As i neared my destination, my gps started to talk to me. It was a solemn voice. He name was Victoria and she began to speak in a strange language I did not know of. As soon as I hit Chatham Road it because to snow. It was windy out that day and it was gusting an plowing the white powder among the streets. I fumbled with Victoria for quite a long period of time, but her settings would not switch. She kept on switching back and forth between Spanish, German, dutch, and Croatian. I began to think that maybe Victoria had become jealous of my new iPhone Siri app because we had become quite close and that maybe this was her approach to revenge or just tying to get me killed. I managed to guide myself to work because it is not like I go there all the time, or anything. The snow had become so thick and so white, it became hard to see. I got out of my car and suddenly everything was calm, white but calm. Everything was covered in thick white snow, so much that you could not even make out objects or buildings or cars. It was all white. Everything because to darken suddlenly and black muddy water began to flood everything. I looked down at my hands and they appeared frail, old, and wrinkly. I thought fast and held onto a tree to save myself and everything turned white yet again. Suddenly, i awoke from my dream sitting and thinking what it meant. Living at home as a child, still protected by your parents, you are innocent and pure. But, when you go out into the big bad world, to fend for yourself as you grow older, you become tainted and damaged. If you find a way to control your actions and feelings, mainly by making yourself one with nature, you become pure again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment