One night I did go to the park to sled.
The stars were white and bright and shined like snow.
I stood and climbed the hill, my feet like lead,
I reached the top with ambition to go.
I fixed my boots to keep my toes quite warm.
My gloves are white and blend right in with snow.
I saw the kids come running in a swarm,
I ran and jumped and plopped and crouched down low,
I held my breath and swept right down below.
The kids they gasped in excitement of this
The wind it blew, my face is red and cold
It swept across my skin just like a kiss
T'is a story that simply must be told.
My hands they froze like ice so cold and wet
The sled it zoomed like cars and bikes on ice
My toes they froze but mother wouldn't let
Me leave the house unless I wore my socks.
At home I sipped my tea. So sweet it was.
My toes, so warm unlike the night it twas.
My cheeks were pink and bright with read and heat,
My talents to sled just couldn't be beat.
Myself, I was bigger, better and strong
They oohed and awed so loud my ears could hear.
They thought They were the best but they were wrong.
My hands they froze like ice so cold and wet
The sled it zoomed like cars and bikes on ice
My toes they froze but mother wouldn't let
Me leave the house unless I wore my socks.
At home I sipped my tea. So sweet it was.
My toes, so warm unlike the night it twas.
My cheeks were pink and bright with read and heat,
My talents to sled just couldn't be beat.
Myself, I was bigger, better and strong
They oohed and awed so loud my ears could hear.
They thought They were the best but they were wrong.
I like the way your poem closely follows the iambic pentameter. I can tell that you worked really hard on it. The rhyme scheme is very good too. The poem does a good job of representing the romanticism time period.
ReplyDeleteI like the way that you didn't make all of your stanzas the same length. It caught me off guard, but I really liked the word choice and the use of iambic pentameter!
ReplyDelete